Cecilia Kugler, principal and founder of CK Design International, leads an experienced and talented team of designers and architects, who:
- Understand the impact of interior design on the users of the space.
- Listen and relate to issues at all levels.
- Have a personal approach to relationships with clients, consultants, advisors, stakeholders, users and the community.
- Are experienced and able to set and control your budget throughout the design and delivery process, without sacrificing quality.
- Are experienced in different methods of project delivery, procurement, and programming.
- Understand and are experienced with Local Authority, Cultural, Community and Public Consultation processes that are required when designing under the Australian Building Standards.
- Apply best practice research through visiting facilities nationally and internationally.
- Have a network of talented specialist consultants to provide support.
>CECILIA KUGLER – DIRECTOR / HEAD DESIGNER
Her emphasis is on developing creative and cost effective solutions that not only improve operations and efficiency, but also reflect the character and values of the client and inspires its users. Cecilia continues to be personally involved, from inception to completion in all CKDI projects. Her methodical processes, focused on information accuracy and meticulous attention to detail, ensure the highest levels of quality are maintained throughout every stage of the project.
Member of the Building Practitioners Board of Australia, and a committee member of the Library Buildings and Equipment section of IFLA (International Federation of Library Associations).
In late 2001 – 2002 she was a member of the advisory panel for the selection of an Architectural firm to the State Library of Queensland’s Millennium Library Project’s Architecture competition. Cecilia is keen to contribute to the ongoing education of design, particularly for libraries. She has presented papers on design at various Australian and International conferences.
In 2001 she was invited to speak at the XII IFLA Building Conference “Future Places: Reinventing Libraries in the Digital Age” held in Boston, USA. Her paper entitled “Spaced out in the digital age” addressed key influences, strategies and qualities of interior design in the digital age.
Prior to establishing CK Design International, Cecilia worked for leading logistics and architectural firms designing corporate, hospitality and retail environments, including Australian Broadcasting Corporation (Radio) offices in Ultimo, Murdoch Magazines offices in North Sydney and managing large corporate relocation, including the physical merger of Price Waterhouse Coopers in Brisbane.
Phillip has completed numerous projects, including the highly acclaimed and awarded “Coca Cola Place” commercial building in North Sydney, with Rice Daubney Architects. This building is the first 5 star green star commercial project in Sydney to be fully designed and documented in 3d, including all services, allowing the first complete BIM model to be handed over to the building owners, a first in Australia. Phillip’s experience ranges from producing documentation for major club refurbishments in the nineties, to leading design teams on regional hospitals in country NSW in 2011. As he consults to other firms, we bring Phillip in on projects requiring his technical and creative skill.